No one opposes that the warmer days are made for enjoyment or fun outdoor activities, and as spring creeps in. It’s time to gear up home for all entertainment it needs to accommodate the new season. Outdoor activities can be made cozier and more comfortable with the use of the best outdoor fire pit.
These fire pits are cost-effective with elegant decorations. It manufactured to add the style of your garden, patio, or backyard, and outside terraces. Campfires are the great unifying features among all cultures on the plants. Sharing stories, sitting around, and a hot meal, warding away the chill of winter, it’s a touchstone experience that many people have shared.
Moreover, Its harder to get that experience, though, with urbanization and a drier environment in most places. That’s where fire pits come in, giving a safe, available alternative to a roaring flame that offers comfort without the danger of rampant wildfires.
Here We have highlighted some of the best outdoor fire pits on the market and vital features to consider before buying.
What Is Fire Pit, and What Does It Do?
A firepit can be something as simple as a hole dug in-ground or unit or frame used to burn fuel and designed to prevent a fire from spreading. Fire pits have increasingly famous with many pre-made options available to buy made form a variety of heat resistant materials including clay, concrete, metal, and stone.
They can be powered by fuel sources such as natural gas, propane, and of course, wood-burning options. Not just they provide a great source of heat on a chilly summer evening, but they can make a charming centerpiece and beautiful decorative to at back garden. They give a source of heat, light, and options that can be used in conjunction with a grate or grill that can also transform fire pit into barbecue.
How To Pick The Best Outdoor Fire Pit
Fire pits come in two main types, and the criteria for selecting them are entirely different between two. Let’s start with propane fire pits.
Propane fire pits are different. You need a model that looks great while having high performance and colossal heat output more than anything else. For propane pits, shape and overall design don’t matter all that much.
These are going to be decorative items for kitchen outside, the centerpiece for your deck, patio, back yard seating area, and whatever you have. Some that aren’t are designed to be used on dangerous campsites during the dry season where there would be a ban on campfires, propane fires produce no spark or no smoke.
Typically, heat output is measured in BTUs and should be a minimum of 35000 BTUh. Most of the heat is going to leach into the air, unlike a grill, so the output should be higher.
Woodfire pits are simple. You need to look at the overall construction of the fire pit itself, make special note of the materials used, the size of the pit itself, and basic design.
The size needed is going to based on your tastes, but generally, you need it to be at least 22 inches wide and maybe 10 inches deep. The fire pit should be made of heavily insulated or conductive material. As an insulated fire pit will make a long burning, ultra-hot flame for people to huddle around, that is best for kind of setting and forgetting a fire. The conductive materials will radiate heat and keep the air and people sitting around it warmer on average, but the fire will burn out faster as a result.
Typically, insulated material includes cast iron and steel, while conductive materials are bronze and aluminum. The design can vary from various shapes, but it should consist of proper ventilation. Fires feed on oxygen, and airflow is essential to the longevity and heat of the fire. You don’t need to smother it.
Both types of grills are going to be around the same price range based on sized, big models cost 300$ and up, while smaller ones will run around $100 on average. This is consistent whether you’re talking about the propane or wood fire pits as most of the cost comes from materials, not the internal components of propane using the fire pit.
Our Top Pickups of Best Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outland Firebowl Portable Outdoor Firepit
- U-MAX Outdoor Gas FirePit
- Pop-Up Fire Pit
- BALI OUTDOOR Fire Pit
- Best Choice Fire Pit
- Outsunny Outdoor Firepit
- SUCHDECO Outdoor Firepit
- Fire Sense Portable Firepit
- Heininger Propane Firepit
- LEMY Square Firepit
1. Outland Firebowl Portable Outdoor Firepit – Best Propane Fire Pit
If you are someone that doesn’t like synthetic wat of performing things, then propane fire pits may not be liking. Moreover, the features of using them are helpful as they are easy to set-up and light. Hence, They don’t create soot or nearly as much as real fire pit would so you can just turn it on and of without having tension about the extra things.
The heating output is the first thing that most people curious about and makes sense. So, One of the main reasons they make purchasing a fire pit in the first place. The firepit table usually has 30000 BTUs or maybe 40,000 BTUs.
The outland 893 has a heat output of 58000 BTUs, and that’s high and surpasses the heating output of other patio heaters. Moreover, something to consider is that you’re dealing with flame, and that flame isn’t focused too much. So, it has a dispersed diameter where the heat goes. If you have a fire pit on the highest setting with a full 58000 BTU, sitting about 7 feet away from the firepit will yield no issue feeling the heat.
Features of Outland
- Auto-ignition feature makes fast and straightforward startup of the Firebowl premium and progressive chrome knob with rubber comfort-grip that provide effortless lighting and flame adjustment.
- Ergonomically designed valve and re-fashioned base assembly offer a refreshed contemporary look with stainless steel fasteners, enhancement of burner, and a decorative belt.
- Firepit includes carrying kit, cover, pre-attached 10ft. Propane tank, hose regulator, decorative rock set, and stabilizer ring.
- 19 diameter CSA approved fire pit ensures consumer safety of use and satisfaction, a certified outdoor fire pit is safe to use during campfire bans.
- Portable and lightweight, the 58000 BTU fire bowl premium allows for easy set up anywhere outdoors without any tool.
Specifications of Outland
|Heat Output||58,000 BTUs|
|Usage||Requires Manual Ignition|
|Build||Made of steel, Stainless-Steel Burner|
|Size|| 18.5 x 18.5 x 10.5 inches |
|Includes||Lava Rocks and Fasteners|
- Comes with a high heat output
- Easy to use with the help of manual ignition process
- It has a low height which makes it easy to feel the heat
- The complete fire pit is not made of stainless steel
- Doesn’t have a built-in ignition system
- Includes carry kit, 10 feet hose with tank, and regulator.
2. U-MAX Outdoor Gas FirePit – Best Glass Tabletop Firepit
The best fire pit table adds ambiance and warmth to the patio or backyard, which provides a space to gather around with family or friends. The heating sources for outdoor party nights or dinner Product features are selected independently by our teamIfif. So, you’re fortunate to have a backyard and need a centerpiece for outdoor space, you need a fire table.
However, 50,000 BTU Ignition Gas Firepit with glass wind guard, black tempered glass tabletop and blue glass stone, CSA certified and PE Rattan aluminum frame. The fire pit is designed with a hand-woven PE rattan exterior, U-MAX 44in propane gas fire pit table is a top choice for the best outdoor gas fire pit.
The outdoor propane gas fire pit table makes an attractive centerpiece for outdoor space with elegant, clean-burning, energy-efficient features to bring warmth. It requires two people to assemble it. The instruction is easy to follow, and all the essential parts are included to get the job done within almost half an hour.
You can entertain guests with 50,000 BTUS in just the single press of a button. The weather-resistant rattan retains its finish throughout the complete season, but UV-proof fire pit cover ensures investment will last for years to come.
Features of U-MAX
- U-MAX outdoor fire pit support clean and stable burning. So, you’ll have an ashless and smokeless BBQ experience.
- The propane fire pit has CSA approved certification to make sure it safe to use. The button spark ignition system ensures convenient and simple control when lighting.
- The all-weather resistant PE rattan brings impressive durability and strength. The frame of gas fire pit table made of aluminum, which is rust-resistant, sturdy, and heat resistant.
- It comes with a lid, waterproof firepit cover, 2.4FT hose, burner, regulator, 11 lbs arctic ice decorative glass rock set, and tempered glass wind guard.
- Easy to assemble two people can quickly assemble.
- All the hardware tools are also included, so it will take 25 to 30 minutes to assemble completely.
Specifications of U-MAX
|Heat output ||50,000 BTU|
|Dimensions||44 x 28 x 25 inches |
- Produces an intense relay fire
- Easy to access the propane tank
- Made of durable materials
- Excellent heat output
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to turn off and on
- Legs may be slightly different sizes
3. Pop-Up Fire Pit – Best Lightweight Firepit
The pop-up wood firepit weighed around 60 pounds, while this thing is 8, so it’s going to be easy to carry. Not only that, but the firepit is also foldable, which makes it exceptionally storage-efficient and easy to transport.
Hence, The unique key design feature of it is steel mesh bottom. The firepit is enough to allow air to flow up into the fire. It does not let soot and ash to fall through even when being extinguished with water. Moreover, get reduced smoke production, just like the Bonfire firepit.
Therefore, Manufacturers include a heat shield that is intended to installed bellow the firepit to protect the ground from heat damage. Also, With that being said, no spark screen is included, so there’s a need to get one yourself. The fire pit comes with the sleek design and sure it is lightweight and compact.
Features of Pop-Up
- Portable charcoal or wood-burning firepit. Pop up packs down smaller than a camp chair and very lightweight.
- Easy to assemble within 1 to 2 minutes you can set up, and it comes with its carrying case when packed up makes it perfect camping for backyard or beach.
- Fires get perfect airflow, so enjoy brighter and hotter fires with no smoke.
- The burn area with 576sq inches, an elevated base, and 3.5 inches side pop-up fire pit exceeds BLM for fire plans.
- Fire mesh comes with a unique 50 fire one year guarantee; the firepit is best for camping or outdoor activities.
Specifications of Pop-Up
|Product Dimensions||24 x 24 x 15 inches|
|Item Weight||7.2 pounds|
- Lays flat after use to store
- Easier to clean
- Super easy to set up
- Best for any location, the city included where there’s no room for large pit
- Incredibly durable
- Take a bit to get used to set up
- Sometimes ash stick in the mesh
- Carrying case material feels thin
4. BALI OUTDOOR Fire Pit – Best Table top Firepit
If you need a classy design and shape firepit, so Bali is one of the best choices. It is set up to look like a square brazier with more of a lip around it to act as a table. It splits the difference between portable model and stationery.
The firepit design is a unique and sturdy act as a permanent fixture of patio or yard, and it’s a lightweight product you can easily carry without any problem.
The Bali patio table with the fire pit is constructed with a sturdy aluminum frame. Also, for natural slate and longevity tabletop with the wicker base for style. However, The BALI is a propane tabletop fire pit that comes with a complete 60,000 BTU, which makes you enable to enjoy the warm fire without tending to ash.
Moreover, The gas firepit features removable ceramic tiles of change during the replacement, stainless steel burner, and lava rocks for ease. The firepit is designed with the dark texture surface and dark color to add style and elegance to your backyard. The removable ceramic tiles of the firepit allow you to switch up different colors depends on the user preference.
Features of BALI
- The laverock possesses characteristics of best heat preservation and thermal insulation.
- Elegant and fashionable appearance is convenient to use.
- The hidden control panel for a seamless appearance
- This outdoor firepit ignites with the push of a button for hassle-free use.
- A lot of space ensures the combustion of air and solid and durable body for 20lb tank.
Specifications of BALI
|Heat Output||50,000 BTU|
- Reasonable price
- Fast and easy assembly
- Has safety value and electric ignition
- No safety from flames for kids
- The ignition system has some faults
5. Best Choice Fire Pit – Best Gas Firepit
The best choice is the best patio table product with a fire pit that is made of heavy-duty weather-resistant aluminum for durability. It has a sturdy and elegant rectangular design that can conceal the gas tank within its frames. These gas fire tables come with 50,000BTU.
However, The Best Choice fire pit with patio table features a lid that converts the gas fire pit into the table when not lite up. Also, The thick nylon cover, glass beads for an amplified look adjustable stainless-steel burner and the base that can keep and store out of sight a 20-pound propane tank. Hence, This gas fire pit table comes in black color that gracefully enhances its beauty.
Features of Best Choice
- Work with a 20-pound propane tank at 50,000 BTUs change gas tank quickly with convenient tank holder hidden by the side door.
- Heavy-duty weather-resistant aluminum frame and rust protect a heating element.
- Enjoy elegant accent to stainless steel burner or cover burner and have an attractive table to entertain your friends or guests.
- Durable nylon cover ensures the fire pit table withstand the elements when not in use.
- The perfect combination of function form transforms backyard and patio into a chic lounge.
Specifications of Best Choice
|Product Dimensions||57 x 22 x 24.75 inches|
|Item Weight||74 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Best Choice Products|
Efficient and powerful
The lid makes it a dual purpose
[/i2pros][i2cons]Cover of the fire pit isn’t durable
Short warranty limit only 90 days[/i2cons][/i2pc]
6. Outsunny Outdoor Firepit – Best Square Patio
Don’t get caught in the cold when you need to enjoy the patio at night. Turn your backyard into envy night with an outsunny fire pit. However, It’s a perfect place to enjoy and hang out the pleasant crackle of burning wood.
The outsunny fire pit allows you to enjoy your special moments the authentic vibe delivered by crackling fire for not money.
The minimalist wood firepit features powder-coated steel built that is rust-resistant along a durable heat-resistant basin. Therefore, The frame of fire pit is not the thickest and rugged in the world, but its reasonably lightweight, only 28.6 pounds.
Therefore, The thing that most people like about the fire pit is that it comes with a spark screen to protect sparks and embers from flying out of fire pit. It also comes with handy accessories like charcoal rack and poker and even BBQ rack available for it.
Outsunny firepit doesn’t include any heat base pads with things, so you will need to get one yourself to ensure the full protection of the wooden deck.
Features of Outsunny
- It extends the life of the patio beyond the summer months. You can enjoy the backyard with a fire pit table into chilly fall and winter seasons.
- Best outdoor décor with a blend of contemporary modern design and metal accents
- The square fire pit features tabletop around the centerfire area that allows easy access to roasting supplies and drinks.
- A wood log grate, poker, spark screen, and water-resistant outdoor cover are also included in the package to enjoy the fantastic moments with your family.
- The fire pit is made of powder-coated steel durable construction to resist rust and heat-resistant basin design for years.
Specifications of Outsunny
|Product Dimensions||32 x 32 x 17|
|Net Weight||27 lbs.|
- Inexpensive product
- Fairly lightweight and compact
- Also available optional BBQ grate
- Heat-resistant basin
- Powder-coated steel construction
- Includes charcoal rack, poker and spark screen
- Keeps sparks and embers in
- Bit flimsy
- Not include heat pads
7. SUCHDECO Outdoor Firepit – Best Stainless Steel Portable Firepit
The small package volume provides portable for outdoor living. Hence, you can put it in your favorites place and enjoy fantastic evenings with your family and friends. Moreover, The portable fire pit is a perfect outdoor product that provides the centerpiece for wild travel, camping, wood-burning, bonfire and picnic, and other on-top-go adventures.
The eco-friendly and anti-cheating stainless steel material can hold enough wood for fires of all sizes. Its easier to clean. Hence, Dumped it in the rash, and wash of the mesh after ash was fresh. You can assemble it within 2 to 3 minutes without any installation tool and collapses quickly into a carrying bag.
The SUCHDECO outdoor fire pit is made of durable steel mesh, detachable steel feet. The entire pit can be folded into the 9.5 inches tall package for more comfortable transportation. When unfolded, the fire and holds the waste for easy cleanup. The portable unique fire pit comes with a durable carrying case.
Features of SUCHDECO
- The portable fire pit is designed to be detachable with four steel feet to be detachable, which does not only keep the stability and will be more portable for outdoor camping.
- The outdoor portable fire pit is easy to assemble without the need for any tools, connect the tube to the support frame during the use.
- The fire pit net is constructed with anti-heating and eco-friendly 304 stainless steel material and meticulously woven to limit debris and ash from slipping through.
- It’s best choice for outdoor wood burning, beach garden, outdoor picnic, barbecue, trekking, climbing, etc. you need to put it into your bad and enjoy it.
- The outdoor fire pit is 0.96 mm heat resistance mesh of foldable fire pit, making it easy to clean and debris or ash not fall.
Specifications of SUCHDECO
|Material||304 stainless steel + 0.96mm heat-resistant mesh|
|Product Dimension||22" x 22" x 13.4"|
|Product Weight||2.6 lb|
|Max Weight Capacity||25lb|
- Easy to set up
- Makes cleaning much easy
- Best for outdoor use
- Ash sticks in the fine mesh
- The carrying bag material feels thin
8. Fire Sense Portable Fire pit – Best Folding Round Firepit
The best small fire pit for your garden, patio, or backyard is the Fire sense fire pit. Hence, It’s the perfect piece of outdoor furniture to help you enjoy quality time with those who matter the most to you. This outdoor firepit is a 35-inch unit made form antique bronze steel.
Firepit featured a fire bowl built with a hammered clip with sturdy legs made from steel and brushed with the paint. Moreover, The firepit helps you to make your life by extending the life of outdoor living space through the delivery of comfort, quality, and style.
The Roman Firepit brings value, style, warmth, and luxury to home through its quality design. Additionally, The unique fire pit features a removable best product from wood. The wooden grate enables us to place all logs swiftly with ease and aids in the easy cleanup. The outdoor Roman fire pit is designed with elegant features that make unique from other competing models.
There’s a screen lift tool also a mesh fire screen that includes in the total package to keep stray embers away and also stoke the fire, respectively.
However, Accessories include wood grate that helps with placement of cleanup and logs and screen lift tool. Which is used for removing and adding fire screen while keeping your self safe from hot metal? Therefore, The firepit uses real firewood, thus adding a classic, cozy feel to its construction. So get marshmallows to use this fire pit spend some quality time with your friends and family.
Features of Fire Sense
- The outdoor firepit measures 22 inches, which is perfect for all your small fire needs.
- Its very portable as its collapsible and foldable wood fire pit.
- It comes with the cooking essentials stored in the bag.
- The Fire Sense fire pit for outside is the best camping and outdoor accessories.
Specifications of Fire Sense
|Product Dimensions||15 x 22 x 22 inches|
|Item Weight||7 pounds|
- Large diameter that can cook more food and have a more significant fire
- Spark screen prevents sparks and embers damaging the floor
- It’s lightweight and folds easily
- Detailed and stylish
- Wood grate and screen lift tool included
- One-piece mesh fire screen
- Brushed pained steel legs
- High-temp fire bowl
- Bit pricy
- Not include air cover
- Doesn’t come with cooking
- Legs cannot take much weight
- Metal is thin, so it’s suitable for a couple of uses
9. Heininger Propane Firepit – Best Outdoor Firepit
If you find the experience of sitting, and some feet form an open fire a satisfying one; you will like the Heininger Portable propane fire pit. However, It features a spacious bowl design with decorative rocks, it offers all the goodness of open fire, but a higher level of 588,000 BTUs.
Like other propane fire pits, it also offers the convenience of hassle-free operation. You need to connect the fire pit 10-foot long hose to a propane tank. Simply turn on gas supply, ignite a flame, and good to go. The propane fire pit goes step further to include a built-in regulator for more convenience during use.
Moreover, Another worthy feature of this fire pit it delivers clean up smokeless flames. It means you can sit as choose you to need to fire pit without having to worry about a whiff of smoke hitting face time the wind blows your way. Hence, If you like to plan and travel on going to various campground and RV sites with the unit, it’s a great idea to grab a destination gear carry bag, and pick up fire pit carries cover for enhanced portability.
Features of Heininger
- Best for backyard, camping, tailgating, and patio
- 58,000 BTUs firepit burns smokeless and clean
- It is CSA approved safe to use during campfire bans, always check with current fire restrictions in your area.
- 19inch diameter with black color all-weather use fire pit.
- The firepit includes 10-foot hose and lave rocks and Easy to carry and lightweight.
Specifications of Heininger
|Product Dimensions||19.25 x 19.25 x 11.5 inches|
|Item Weight||22 pounds|
- Convenient locking lid
- Run for up to 8 hours on one propane tank
- Easy to carry and store
- Used for camping, patios, backyards or tailgating
- Smokeless and burns clean
- Easy to carry lightweight
- 10 feet hose with attached regulator
- Doesn’t come with fuel
- Doesn’t feature a built-in igniter
- Manual ignition system
10. LEMY Square Firepit – Best for Camping
If you want a firepit that works much and provides you the best camping experience; we recommend the LEMY outdoor fire pit. It used in all seasons as a barbecue grill or ice bucket in patio. Moreover, The fire pit is made of a steel frame, powder-coated to resist rust. Its attractive stone design on frame top add anti-slip function. Stable square frame and metal legs ensure long time use.
Additionally, The fire pit equipped with a BBQ grill that is protected for grilling and cooking food. Also, deep pit can hold a lot of wood. The grill surface includes safety mesh cover, which encloses the fire for safety and prevents flying debris and sparks. It provides poker and charcoal rack.
The firepit comes with complete hardware and assembly instructions, enclosed cloth cover for safety grill, and keeping out dirt and easy to assemble.
Features of LEMY
- The best outdoor fire pit is made up of a solid frame and durable steel mesh. The design of steel construction makes it long-lasting and durable.
- The sturdy design is best for warmth, cooling drinks, and BBQ and food in the garden, patio, and yard.
- The decorative firepit features a faux stone line design with DIY splicing.
- Safety mesh cover of the fire pit encloses the fire for safety, debris flying, or preventing sparks.
- It’s quite easy convenient to install and assemble with complete hardware, comes with an outer cover to keep clean and avoid getting rusty.
Specifications of LEMY
|Product dimensions|| 32 x 32 x 12 inches |
Size 26 inches
|Material||Black Finish iron and Mesh|
- Attractive design
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Comes with cover for protection, spark screen, a grill grate, poker, and charcoal rack
- Affordable product
- Durable steel frame with powder coating
- Suitable for grilling, staying warm or cooling drinks.
- Best firepit with lots of wood
- Pit is shallow
- Generates smoke
Outdoor Fire Pit Buying Guide
Below we run you through some key features we recommend you consider before going ahead and making that buy.
Size matters a lot, and you need to buy something appropriate for the space in which it’s going to be predominantly used. So, whether you’re purchasing something that will remain a permanent fixture in the back garden. However, You prefer something portable that takes on a camping trip or to the beach.
Smaller model ranges from 21 to 25 in diameter, whereas the big fire pits can be up to 40-44 width. The shorter options are designed with a bowl that makes them ideal for patios and decks.
From the shape of a square to circle, advanced options with cut out shaped designs to fire pit with antique effects. There are various choices available to suit your style, whether that’s modern or contemporary.
The fuel you need to use will determine the style of fire pit you choose. Main two options either propane gas or wood-burning. With wood, you can enjoy the more authentic outdoor camping experience, whereas gas is natural to maintain and also available in clean form.
Attachments and Accessories
Most brands give away accessories as part of the overall offer, including best items. Just like spark guard, poker, cooking as well as a vinyl cover to save your fire pit when it’s not in use. If you want to buy such items separately, the cost can clock up.
The fire pit material is constructed out of effect will its reliability and longevity. From stone to stainless steel and title, there’re many options and depends upon whether you need a permanent fixture or portable option, will determine which material you go for.
Also, Stainless steel is the best choice because its resistant to weather conditions and incredibly durable. It also retains the attractive look and impervious to rust. On the flip side, the stainless-steel fire pit will be expensive than regular steel or cast-iron one.
How to clean wood burning fire pit?
Clean your fire pit with baking soda or mild dishwashing detergent. once the wood-burning fire pit is entirely out, a fire pit is cool to touch and remove ashes and adequately disposed of. If your firepit didn't come with the cover, you can use a trap or store it in dry covered location to prolong the life of the firepit.
Does it matter what kind of wood burned in the outdoor firepit?
Its recommended burning seasoned hardwood, dry in outdoor firepit. Try to dry well-seasoned wood will burn hotter, ultimately, and make less smoke. Dry, well-seasoned firewood will moisture level of 20% or less.
Is it normal that outdoor fire pit rust?
If the firepit is made from non-stainless-steel materials, it will rust over time. Rusting is the result of iron oxidation in the presence of oxygen and water. Stainless steel outdoor fire pit will rust; however, they will turn yellow over time. The natural occurrence due to the heat of the fire on stainless steel and can be reduced by using a high-quality stainless-steel polish.
Does wind affect the flame on a gas-burning outdoor firepit?
No, it will not affect, but if the wind is strong enough to extinguish the flame, you shouldn't be using the firepit until the winds die down.
Is it possible to convert liquid propane gas fire pit to the natural gas firepit?
Yes, some outdoor firepits can convert. However, others don't allow it, and you may void your warranty if you attempt to turn it.
Whether you are searching a propane firepit or wood-burning fire pit for outdoor space or camping trips. There’re various options with the best ones proven and tested by us. Outland living is one of the large stylish outdoor fire pits with the durable outland living fire table.
Moreover, It is a fire feature and outdoor furniture in one as it offers enough room to place cocktails or hot chocolate while the burner warms up everything. Moreover, you won’t go wrong with any of the units above. In the end, we are excited to enjoy backyard addition!